For almost every homeowner, their house is one of their biggest investments and this quite accurately justifies why most homeowners spend so much time, effort, and money in constructing, designing, maintaining, and upkeep their home. One of the most prominent concerns for any homeowner in addition to the aesthetics of the home is the durability and health of the structure. To ensure that the life of the structure and the building remains long, one needs to protect it from the action of water that can create seepage and destroy the strength of the building. For this one needs to use various waterproofing products.
What is Waterproofing and What are waterproofing products?
Waterproofing is a method of protecting the walls and ceiling of the house from the action of water. There are several water pipelines in any building structure, and it is common to see that water leaks through them and comes in contact with the structure of the building that contains mostly cement, bricks and metals. In addition to this, under humid and rainy conditions or water lodging situations, the water seeps through the walls to come in contact with the metals that are very vulnerable to corrosion. Waterproofing ensures that the water does not penetrate through the walls and ceiling thereby creating leakages. Waterproofing products are material that facilitate this purpose. They create a water-resistant layer over the surface of the building when one applies these materials and does not let water to pass through themselves. This protects the structure from the harmful and corroding action of the water.
What are the most prominent types of waterproofing?
One of the times when the walls and roof of the house are most susceptible to water seepage is during the winters when water lodging is common. In addition to this, the overall moisture content is high in the air which exposes the walls and roof to more external pressure. To ensure that the water does not seep inside, it is important to ensure that the roof is covered with a waterproofing layer. The pre-monsoon roof repair ensures this and the products that one requires for sealing the roof are one of the most prominent waterproofing products that homeowners cannot afford to not invest in.
This waterproofing helps in ensuring that all the cracks and water leakages are sealed to avoid their further growth and deterioration of the wall. It also helps in hiding all the untidy marks that might affect the aesthetics of the house and thereby make it look less presentable. While applying brick bet waterproofing, it is important to clean the whole surface and remove the debris before applying the chemical and the cement to make sure that the seal remains intact for a longer time.
- Poly Acrylic waterproofing and chemical coating
This is one of the most superior and strongest waterproofing solutions that ensure a strong waterproofing base to provide a very high-quality seal. The quality is the primary concern, and this waterproofing solution needs highly trained and experienced professionals to apply the coating.
One should always ensure that they research well and invest in high-quality waterproofing products to ensure that the building structure, it is roof and walls remains intact for a longer duration without the need for much investment and maintenance.
Undoubtedly, there are many waterproofing types available in the market. Still, one of my absolute favourite and indisputable manners is to get a liquid waterproofing membrane on the walls, ceilings, and roof of either your house or office. The benefits of a liquid waterproofing membrane are comparatively more than that of other available options available in the market. Hence, you have to select wisely, which waterproofing solutions work well for you. It is now your bet that all things you want to be treated as a priority while getting your property waterproofed.
Well, in case, if you are looking forward to getting a liquid waterproofing membrane, then you must continue reading this article till the end. Because I bet, if you do, you will be able to make your mind and take your decision without having to worry about anything else. Moreover, you will also get a fair idea about why liquid waterproofing membrane is my absolute favourite of all times.
So without taking much of your time, let me start and give you what you’ve been looking forward to.
Why Should You Prefer Liquid Waterproofing Membrane Over Several Other Options Available?
- Liquid waterproofing membranes make an excellent option and choice when it comes to fantastic ease of application. It is so easy to apply that you don’t even need a contractor or labourer to get it done for you because you will be able to get it done without any problem. Moreover, you don’t have to face troubles in getting after application mess sorted because you will be able to resume operations in a significantly shorter span of time. Hence, it is a win-win situation, which you will actually not get in any other waterproofing solutions.
- After application of liquid waterproofing membrane, when it dries up, it will give you a seamless, bump-free, and smooth layer. You will not even witness or feel like you have a layer of waterproofing solutions. Hence, this way, you don’t have to compromise on the quality of the visual appearance of your property.
- It is highly flexible in nature, and you can get it applied anywhere irrespective of the size, structure or design of the object. Because of its flexibility, it makes an excellent choice to be applicable on any surface. Regardless of the geometric complexity, you can apply the same at any place. Furthermore, it will not also get affected by any natural conditions like heavy rains, humid climate or weather, heavy sunshine, etc.
You must definitely have heard that liquid waterproofing membrane can be applied on walls, ceilings, and objects. But in this article, I have walked a step ahead and listed all other uses or application of a liquid waterproofing membrane. Those include a green roof, buried roof, and inverted roofs. Yes, you read that right. You can easily apply a coat of liquid waterproofing membrane on any of the roofs as mentioned above types.
As promised earlier, if you’ve read the article till the end, then you will be well versed with the facts that why you must get a liquid waterproofing membrane solution done.
Basically, polyurethane is made up of 2 primary components. The first one is the base and the second one is the reactor. The base element is the polyol and the reactor element is isocyanide. A specific combination of both of these elements makes up the best waterproofing solution that is bagged by the beneficial properties of both, making an excellent waterproofing solution for your premises be it personal or professional. Polyurethane waterproofing membrane makes an amazing choice and an option because it is super easy to install.
Well, if you are confused between several types of waterproofing material available in the market and somehow planning on getting a polyurethane waterproofing membrane installed, then you are at the right place. After you have read this article till the end, you will be in a state where you will have been in a position where you won’t lookout for any other options as far as the waterproofing is concerned.
So without taking much of your time let us just begin.
Benefits of Polyurethane Waterproofing Membranes
- It incorporates an adequate amount of elasticity which is one of the rarest qualities available in most of the waterproofing solutions available in the market.
- The required and also optimum thickness of the polyurethane coating is just 2mm.
- It is evenly spread respectively the application surface is broad or just small. It won’t leave behind any lumps or unevenly spread surfaces once the application process is done and all dried up. You will indeed get a smooth and clear surface.
- The polyurethane waterproofing membrane is possible to be applied to any surface. Irrespective of the complexity of any surface, these waterproofing membranes make an excellent choice.
- Once you have applied the membrane, then it will take a comparatively lesser amount of time to settle down and dry up without having any issues. You can start your operations without having to wait any longer.
- The overall weight of the material is quite minimal which makes it readily usable for lightweight objects without having to fear the breakage or spoilage of everything.
- Polyurethane waterproofing membrane is highly resistant to UV radiations and moreover, you really don’t have to worry about anything else. It also provides ultimate protection from all possible sorts of damages.
- It also comes with an option for you to install it all by yourself. However, it is highly recommended to outsource the application and installation task to the technician so that you can focus on several other important things while the professionals can get the thing done effectively and efficiently.
- It comes with several underlying benefits and situations. One of my absolute favorites is that it allows you to be creative because it indeed comes off with undeniable decorative qualities.
- The operational and functional life of the polyurethane waterproofing membrane is seamlessly around 20 to 25 years. I know that is a lot.
- Moreover, their restoration process is quite economical, seamless, and easy. Hence, it is a win-win situation.
It is one of the excellent choices that you can ever make as far as the polyurethane waterproofing membrane is concerned. As I promised, now you are well aware of all the benefits that you must look out for before finalizing the perfect waterproofing solution for yourself. So I am pretty much sure that you have made your mind.