Many love collectable teddy bears and cherish the experience. In addition, you can develop your collection according to your choice and preference. Be it a tiny teddy bear or a giant bear having a unique collection can be fulfilling.
Anyone can collect teddy bears; however, not everyone understands how to take care of them. Keeping them away from dirt and damage is not enough, and hence at times, you need to go the extra mile to take care of their bears by cleaning.
Here’s How You Can Take Care Of Your Beloved Teddy Bears At Home
Spot washing is one of the first ways to cleanse your teddy bear when you don’t have a washing machine. Here’s how you do it:
- Take a fingernail brush and a bar of soap.
- Soak the brush in cold water, making it moist.
- Damp your teddy bear with water and gather the soap on the brush by scrubbing it.
- Work the brushing into a nice foam and clean the spaces of your teddy bear with stains or marks.
- After that, make sure you rinse it well, and you’re done.
Here’s the solution to how you can wash the teddy in the washing machine – mainly using the gentle wash option in your washing machine. It’s is one of the easiest and hassle-free ways of cleaning your teddy:
- For this, you have to ensure that the hems are finely sealed, and there are no rips or scratches or filling leaking out.
- Once you’re sure, dismiss any remaining clothes from your washing machine and load them in your teddy.
- If you’re wondering, “How to wash teddy bear fur?” then the answer is simple: check the cleaning tag attached to the back of the teddy.
- If it indicates that the teddy is machine washable, then do it by using mild laundry detergent. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Lastly, avoid tumble-drying the teddy bear and use a pillow cover to wrap it up before putting it in the washing machine since the fur and fabric lining are incredibly delicate.
Washing With Vinegar And Baking Soda
If you don’t have laundry detergent or the one you have is harsh, you can select the DIY path by cleaning your teddy bear with baking soda by getting some vinegar to combine. Here’s how:
- Get a bucket. Fill it with water and soak your stuffed bear in it.
- Add vinegar and baking soda to it and hand clean it.
- If you use a washing machine, use two or three cups of filtered vinegar and a spray or two baking soda. Put it on the rinse cycle for the finish.
Removing Odour From Your Furry Bear
If you don’t take steps to eliminate odour from the teddy bear, then it will forever stink, and that’s the truth. If you want to remove odour, you have to do this:
- Just get a large plastic sack and put in some cornstarch powder, baking powder or baking soda.
- Cover the teddy up in it and shake it well.
- After the powder gets soaked well from the shaking, unwrap the plastic bag and release the teddy.
- Allow it to sit for the next few hours.
- Get a soft scrub and dust off any particles gently after that.
- Remember to do this only after soaking or cleansing your teddy bear and not before.
You can use any one or combination of the above methods to clean collectable teddy bears as it will enable you to restore the look and shine of your bears. These tips will allow you to have a fresh-looking bear collection!