CT Scan is an extremely helpful imaging technique used to form pictures of a body part. The image is very detailed and accurate. The full form is a Computed Tomography Scan. The scan is a combination of many X-ray images that helps form a clear image of a body part like bone or tissue. CT scan in Edmondson Park is crucial to detect some medical conditions. Blood clots, fractures, cracks, cancer etc, all can be detected by CT scans.
When the doctor suggests a CT scan in Edmondson Park, you might be suffering from an ailment or medical condition. Thus, it is important that you get a CT scan done as early as possible as delay can result in worsening the condition. However, there are certain things to keep in mind while undergoing a CT scan.
It is important to consult the doctor thoroughly before undergoing a CT scan in Edmondson Park. Depending on the type of scan, your doctor will advise you on the type of food to consume before and after your scan. Also, consult the doctor if you are on other medicines that might interfere with the imaging process.
Things to consider while undergoing a CT scan in Cabramatta
- Consulting the doctor is crucial when it comes to undergoing a CT scan.
- Come prepared as the scan might extend longer than usual. It is best to let the radiologist know what type of scan you are undergoing.
- For an IV contrast Ct scan, it is best to avoid food and drinks 4 hours prior to the process.
- CT scan in Cabramatta includes the use of radiation. It is thus advised to keep the children at home and not bring them to the diagnostic centre.
- Abdominal CT scans need the patients to drink more water in order to get better images of the abdominal parts.
- It is a good idea to reach the diagnostic centre earlier than the scheduled time as it allows scope for preparation.
- Usually, the staff handling your scan needs to get acquainted with your medical history. Thus, reaching the diagnostic centre a little earlier than the scheduled time will make sure that these processes take place smoothly.
- Make sure that you give all the correct information regarding your medical history. Do not forget to mention surgical history if any. The radiologist needs to understand your medical history clearly in order to suggest the best possible way to carry out a smooth CT scan in Cabramatta
- It’s best to know how the CT scan takes place for which you can do some research.
- The best way forward is to do as your radiologist asks you to do.
Finding the best CT scan in Cabramatta
There are many diagnostic centres offering CT scans in Cabramatta for various purposes. However, you can’t trust everyone out there. It is important that you select the one that offers your requirement in a proper place and gives you service that you are very satisfied with. The best way to find such a CT scan in Cabramatta is to read up on reviews and decide for yourself. The main thing to keep in mind is looking for a reputed and experienced CT scan centre.