There is no limit to what you can add on to enhance the safety of your home. An extra feature to include can be safety grills for windows. Installation of these grills not only protects your property from intruders but also makes a good impression among your friends and relatives with its amazing view. There are a variety of options for materials for safety window grills. You may have preferences like an easy-to-clean material, durable, lightweight, or sturdy material. Whatever you are looking for, we are here with some of the best material choices for window grills.
What are some best materials?
Iron beats out every material in terms of strength. So, if strength is what you are looking for in the safety grills for your windows, then this material should be your pick. It is best for those who live in areas where burglaries are a common issue.
- Iron can get shaped in various ways.
- It has high strength and durability.
- The purchasing cost is low.
- Safety window grills made of iron will rust easily if exposed to high humidity and moisture.
- It requires high maintenance, including regular painting. That’s why it’s maintenance cost seems to be higher than the installation cost.
2) Wrought iron and cast iron
Wrought iron and cast iron offer more styles and designs in comparison to iron. Both are having the same properties. The only difference is that wrought iron is thinner and less tough in comparison and thus can be given more uneven textures.
- Both the materials can get moulded into different shapes and are best for decorative purposes.
- They offer high strength and have a long-lasting life if used properly.
- Susceptible to moisture, and that’s why rusting can happen.
- They are expensive.
3) Stainless Steel
If appearance is your concern, then pick stainless steel safety grills over iron as it looks much more appealing in comparison. Also, its features like sturdiness, durability, and low maintenance issues can make you choose this one.
- The chromium oxide coating contributes to preventing these grills from rusting, and thus they require less maintenance.
- Stainless Steel window grills offer good strength, and they don’t get affected by moisture.
- Safety grills made of this material are more expensive than others.
4) Metal Alloys
Metal alloys are a popular choice for window grills in this modern time. The reason behind it is that it enhances the property of metal by mixing it with two or more metals. For example, a combination of steel, bronze, and silver makes one of the strongest alloys.
- Safety grills made of this material are better at preventing rust and corrosion.
- You can emphasize the decor of your home by complementing it with the right alloy window grills.
- They generally fail in durability when compared to other materials.
- Manufacturing of metal alloys is a complex process, which makes it expensive.
We did our best in filtering out a huge variety of material choices for safety window grills. Now it’s your turn to decide what your preference is and which material will match your needs.