Are you tired of your same old flooring and thinking to give it a new and stylish look, then look no further as here comes the trendiest and stylish flooring of all times – Timber Flooring. Timber is known as the sentient and breathing product. It is competent of enthralling and debarring moisture in riposte to the conditions locally.
There are various conditions such as the air conditioning, heaters, low ventilation, direct sunlight, or humidity that may alter the moisture content (MC) of the floor, resulting in the expansion or contraction. Due to these reasons, solid timber flooring in Sydney is adjusted and adapted. It is always important for timber flooring in Sydney to allow some time to settle according to its environment.
There are various factors that are reckoned to be kept in mind for the timber floor installation in Sydney. The most important one is, a stubby breach should be allowed for the contraction and expansion of the timber due to the seasonal change.
There is no appropriate precise moisture content for installations. It changes according to the place and climatic conditions. The success of the installation highly depends on the humidity, temperature and site conditions whereas, during the process of installing in heated rooms or air-conditioned rooms, it should be operational so that they get accustomed to the prevailing condition. Failing to do so, it may result in the cupping or shrinkage of the timbers.
The timber should always be installed at least 200mm from ground level so that there is an uninterrupted free flow of air to all the timber faces. Once the installation process is completed, overlaying of parquetry and solid strip flooring can be adjusted accordingly. It is then untouched and left for the moisture content and the environment’s relative humidity to be uniform that lasts around 7-14 days.
Tips on Timber Flooring Installation in Sydney
- It is always recommended to hire qualified professional timber flooring sanders, installers and finishers.
- The installation process should be done only after the building is in the lockup stage. In other words, after all the wet related work is completed.
- Sufficient ventilation is condemnatory.
- The fixing methods and floor finishes that fasten the joints must be avoided as it may prevent the contraction and expansion of the timber.
- The construction method of the platform must be avoided as the external environment’s exposure may damage the fixed floor.
- Make sure to check that the temperature and humidity do not affect largely or that it can be kept in control.
- Do not store the timbers in sheds or under direct sunlight wrapped in plastics as it may expose to high temperature.
- The perimeters wall must have an expansion gap of at least 12 mm.
- Always check and follow the installation guide before starting the process.
- The installation area must always be clean free from dust and dirt.
The supply and install in timber flooring must be done by experienced and qualified professionals. One must not go for the cheaper product as it may surely affect the quality of flooring.