Stonemason is any wall, or structure constructed using stone as its main material. It can get dirty over time due to the environment around it. The cleaning of a stonemason is necessary for the long life of rocks. Nowadays, we have various kinds of methods to clean stonemason but to maintain it for a long time is our concern. So, here we would like to suggest a few ways to clean Stonemason in Sydney.
Some of the best ways to clean stonemason :
Chemical cleaning :
Cleaning with chemicals is one of the best options to clean Stonemason. With a diluted pool, chlorine dirt is removed easily without damaging the stuff. This method is efficient, but it needs high alert work because it is similar to bleach, which may damage anything aside. It is better to hire a professional for this cleaning process.
Pressure Washing :
Another cleaning method is pressure washing, where the stone is just soaked and washed lightly. This process needs an immense level of care as heavy pressure can break stones into fine pieces, and rocks can also loosen its original sculpture. So, applying light pressure can give the best results.
Pneumatically Chisel Old Motor :
This method is a faster way to clean Stonemason, but an expert is needed to handle it, or it can be a horrible mess. Chisels are among the tools that are being used from ancient times. An Air Chisel cleans all the impurities within the stonemason.
Tuck Pointing :
This technique totally transforms the look of the stonemason. It is more about enhancing the view of the construction than cleaning it. It gives a perfect shape to the rocks by tucking ugly wall joints, big walls, smaller or straightened out.
Some Dos and Don’ts
- Do know about the surface you are going to clean. The manufacturer can tell you about what kind of cleaner you can apply depending on the type of composition.
- Do use stone sealer and water-repellent on the stone surface after cleaning. The stone sealer prevents the effect of climate on the structure, and water-repellent will prevent easy absorption of water.
- Do apply mop and sweepers on stone floors on a regular basis. It can help prevent unnecessary specks of dirt.
- Don’t start cleaning too early or too late. If the structure is new, wait for at least 14-28 days. Cleaning too early can cause damage to the joints. Also, don’t be very late as the surface can become too hard for gentle cleansing.
- Don’t use raw acid for the cleaning process. We repeat never. These days manufacturing processes are different, and masonries can not stand pure acid cleaning, and it can cause a stain.
- Don’t forget to rinse the structure with water enough before and after cleaning. It will eliminate the chances of stains due to cleaner.
It is always wise to take care of the mason, maintain it well, and keep it free from dirt accumulation. We hope that we have answered all your concerns related to a stonemason in Sydney.